Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Autism Awareness Month is HERE!!!



With the arrival of April comes the return of Autism Awareness Month.   I think it's fabulous we get an entire month to share our experiences with Autism and related conditions.   Of course everyday is Autism Awareness Day for many of us, but to be able to share with others for an entire month is a privilege and an honor.  As a teacher specializing in working with teens with Autism, I am immensely enthusiastic to be able to enlighten those around my campus on Autism Spectrum Disorders.   Sharing our message and educating others is how we can eradicate misconceptions and ignorance.   The more we bestow upon others the facts and myths about Autism, the more cultured we all become.   Educating students and teachers alike is one of my most passionate ambitions, and I hope that this month provides many opportunities to do so.  Of course there is no way I could be successful without the encouragement and support from my wonderful students and fellow staff members! Throughout the month, I will post progress on our class Autism Awareness projects and will update the blog with insight from the perspectives of those from both the Autistic and Neurotypical communities.   



Stay tuned and WEAR BLUE tomorrow, April 2nd, in honor of WORLD AUTISM AWARENESS DAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment